Monday, October 17, 2011

Independent Component 1 Plan Approval

1.  I think my Independent Component depends on how much the Walnut Sheriff's Department is willing to let me take on during my Service Learning.  If anything, I will probably do an extra 30 hours of Service Learning.

2.  When I talked to Sgt. Mark Saldecke for my first interview, he told me that volunteering at the department would consist of paperwork and assisting with other daily station activities, as well as patrol rides.  I will just have to sign up for extra hours. 

3.  My goal is to find out what the most common reason people commit crimes is.  Being surrounded by police officers and going on patrol rides, I hope to get somewhat of a hands-on experience with crime and ask many questions.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...it seems that since you are most interested in serial killers (or murder in general), maybe you should read about famous murders and create something that shows your analysis of them. What are the commonalities that the cases have. What do you make of that?

    ReplyDelete